What are you doing this Weekend? There’s lot’s on in Zurich – so join in the fun! If you bump into some strangely dressed people on the train or tram – don’t be alarmed – this weekend is Zurich Carneval! Let down your hair and join in the fun!
1. Zurich Carneval and Fasnacht
For more information read out previous post.
2. Don’t miss! Rolando Duartes Rensoli is a Cuban artist, graphic designer, art teacher and author. The Vernissge of his “Tropical Surrealism” exhibtion takes place in Zumikon this Sunday 17th February from 11am – 4pm.
He will be presenting his exhibition “Tropic Surrealism” at the D’Milchhutte in Dorfstrasse 31 in Zumikon from the 17th – 24th February. Duartes combines elements of European surrealism with mythical ideas from his homeland to create a fantastic visual world. Come along for the Vernissage which will be held on Sunday 17th February at D’Milchhutte. Everyone welcome.
3. The Johann Strauss Gala Concert is taking place this Saturday for a matinee and an evening performance at the Tonhalle in Zurich. For more information and tickets for these concerts, and to find out what is on at the Tonhalle throughout February please go to the website.
4. Chagall, Modern Masters at the Kunsthaus
“Chagall, Modern Masters” is an exhibtion running from now until 12th May at the Kunsthaus Zürich. Featuring over 90 paintings by Marc Chagall (1887–1985), one of the best known and most popular artists of the 20th century, his images of Russian village life, floating figures, flying cows and roosters are world-famous.The exhibition focuses on the formative era in Chagall’s artistic career from 20111- 2022. It covers his tme in Paris before the First World War, his trip to Berlin and his exhibition there in 1914 at the Galerie Der Sturm, as well as the period spent in his native Russia. In addition to normal opening hours, the Chagall exhibition is also open on Mondays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information check here.
5. Comedy in English: Missing humour in English? Laugh along with American actress/comedienne Sylvia Day and her special guests in “50 Shades of DAY!” Don’t miss this unforgettable variety/sketch comedy show which runs March 15 and 16 in Zurich. “A hilarious and thought-provoking look at the crazy times we live in.” For details and to buy tickets go to the website
8. Skiing this weekend?
Do you know how many blue runs here are in Klosters, or how many red runs at Flims? Take a look at our Guide to the Three Main Resorts in Graubunden to learn this and lots more? Or how about a smaller resort, closer to Zurich like Atzmaennig or Flumserberg? Check the latest snow and weather conditions on our Practical Info page under Skiing.
9. The Final Weekend of St Moritz White Turf takes place this Sunday for the third weekend of this famous Event. For more information and to see our previous post read here.
11. Green Lamp Charity Lunch at Hotel Widmer
Mark your diaries for the opportunity to help this good cause and attend an apero and charity lunch at the Hotel Widmer in Zurich on 14th March from 11.30 onwards. Limited places.
To register payment: IBAN: CH63 0483 5147 4780 9100 0 , Credit Suisse AG, Account Green Lamp
14. Why not check out Kaufleuten’s Winter Sounds Season. See below:
15. Baselworld – the famous watch and jewellery show is coming up soon from the 25th April – 2nd May. Click here for more information.
Tags: 29th International Country Music Festival, 50 Shades of DAY, Chagall, D’Milchhutte Zumikon, EWZ StattKino Zurich, Green Lamp Charity Lunch at Hotel Widder, Guide to the Three Main Resorts in Graubunden, John Thade Zurich, Kaufleuten’s Winter Sounds Season, Modern Masters at the Kunsthaus, Rolando Duartes Rensoli, Tonhalle, Zurich Carneval and Fasnacht