It’s Mother’s Day in Switzerland this Sunday 12th May. If you need some ideas or suggestions on things you can buy or do it’s still not too late. Here are some thoughts:-
1. Sunday 12th May is also International Museum Day for 2013 so why not combine the two events and treat mum to a visit to one of over 150 museums which are taking part. There will be special events laid on and the theme is “creativity”. For more information and to see the list of participating museums please go to the website.
2. Or for something different, why not go for an outing to see the rhododendrons and azaleas in bloom at Park Seleger Moor in Rifferwil? Special offer: free entry with your Migros Cumulus card on 5th and 22nd May. For more information see here.
2. A visit to or a voucher for a Spa Day at Holmes Place. For more information see here.
3. A voucher for a fabulous Facial or Massage at Wellness 107 in Ebmatingen, 5mins from Zumikon. Vouchers start at just CHF 50 for a 30 minute massage. Text Csilla on 076 582 2529 to enquire or book.
4. Lunch In Zurich – inside, outside, overlooking the lake, on the river …. have fun choosing.
5. A hiking day with a surprise (champagne?) picnic – check the weather first though! Some ideas here.
6. Sunday brunch – book your favourite restaurant soon as this will be a popular choice!
7. Or how about a voucher for a handmade bespoke handbag company specialising in clutch bags available to purchase through the:meaZure in Zurich. Every item created is a one off and totally unique. THE perfect gift or luxurious treat! To discuss your requirements further, please email Georgina at: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Chocolates with a difference. Why not choose an extra special chocolate gift from a selection from Truffe chcocolate boutique in Zurich?
9. Make mum a special home made “Mother’s Day” Cake – or cheat and buy one from the confectioners Confiserie Honold in Rennweg off Bahnhofstrasse, or in Kusnacht!
10. Or how about a leisurely breakfast in bed for mum?
Happy Mother’s Day!