Christmas Gift Ideas
Find the perfect Christmas Gift in Zurich
It’s getting close to Christmas and if you need some inspiration for Christmas gifts here are some ideas that are all available in Zurich. So if it’s cashmere, chocolates, or even a book or two – take a look here and benefit from special deals on certain products …
Clockwise from top:
1. Cashmere – from CHF 55 for a scarf, CHF 115 for a jumper. All profits go to a charity to support blind Chinese orphans – see link here.
2. Swiss Cheese book – coffee table book on Swiss Cheese in English by food and cookery expert Dominik Flammer. A must for cheese lovers. Normally retails at CHF 98 but special offer of CHF 78 for NewInZurich readers. To order please click here
3. Veuve Clicquot champagne with its own cover to be keep it cold – Normally CHF 59.90 but on special offer at Globus until 13th December for CHF 49.90 See here.
4. Exquisite Swiss Chocolate – we love the pastel hand painted Italian Santas at Truffe. They also stock a great selection of luxury chocolate. See here.
5. Snow, Sun and Stars – a large coffee table book by writer Michael Lütscher about how the British led the way in developing ski and Winter tourism in Switzerland. In English. The book costs CHF 88 and can be purchased here.
6. A selection of gourmet gifts are available at Berg und Tal at the Viadukt in Zurich. We especially liked the “Panorama Knifes”, the all-purpose one costing CHF 59, and the long bread knife costing CHF 79 both with engravings of all the mountains in Zurich along the blade. For this and other gifts please go to Berg und Tal in the Viadukt and take a look.
7. Why not give the gift of fitness? Personal trainer and fitness instructor Jayne Salmon has lots of ideas to help you or your loved one meet their goals. See here for more information.
8. Treatments and pampering at Pure Beauty Spa. What could be nicer? How about a gift card? See here for more information.
9. The “Zurich Welcome Home” Guide book by best selling author Peter Bührer packed with information, QR clips and 2 for 1 offers for the city. Maybe choose the package with a Zurich pop art Sigg water bottle too? The book is on offer with a CHF 13 special discount at CHF 35 and the book and bottle package saves you even more at CHF 50 for both, both include free p&p. See here for details. Read here to enter contest and maybe win one too!
10. More Swiss Chocolate. Why not treat the one you love to a chocolate Christmas tree, or tin of hot chocolate chippings or a box of truffles from Honold’s in Küsnacht or Rennweg? See here. Or maybe pop by to see a variety of chocolate Christmas gifts or buy a box of their famous “Chriesiblüete” at Aeschbach in the Niederdorf.
11. How about a special whisky for a special occasion? Ardbeg whisky the ultimate Islay single malt Scotch whisky is available at Globus for CHF 79.90. See here for information.
12. Belvedere Vodka comes in this beautiful silver and blue bottle which actually lights up! It’s available at Manor for CHF 59.90. For details see here
13. Csilla at Wellness Studio 105 in Ebmatingen near Zumikon sells gift cards for women’s facials and massages. To order a gift card or book an appointment contact Csilla here.
14. Moët Chandon Rose Diamond Suit champagne – more options for the sparkly Season. Available at Coop City in Zurich for CHF 59.90 whilst stocks last.
15. Savvy Sleepers are not just the most comfortable satin pillowcases ever but they also claim to have anti-aging properties for your skin and stop you waking up with “bed head” hair. Available in a variety of colours and suitable for both men and women. A luxury present that will last. Shipped from Zurich. For more information and to order see here.
16. Wiine.me is a wine subscription service which delivers wines from all over Europe direct to your door from just 32 Euros per month. They come with notes and a tasting kit so you can try different wines and discover the ones you like best. For more information and to order see here.
17. Live-Switzerland voucher booklet offering 2 for 1 experiences on hotels, sport, excursions, meals and much, much more. To see what offers they have click here. To place an order for a booklet email us here with your name and address.
All prices / offers believed to be correct at time of publishing but prices may change without notice.
Some of these items may be available via Amazon
Please not that this selection of Christmas Gifts was devised for 2014.
Christmas is coming and if you need some ideas to help you complete your Christmas list, take a look here!
Pure Beauty Spa – how about the gift of pampering? From nails to massage to facials and more, Pure Beauty Spa has gift cards and special beauty packages. See here for more information.
Swiss line Luxury Cell Shock Serum – made with diamonds for extra brightening this latest skin potion is really great. Other premium luxury creams and lotions to treat your skin to a fabulous Christmas gift are also available. See here for details.
Joe Malone – we love Jo Malone’s perfumes and they are available for purchase at both branches of Globus and also at Jelmoli.
Swell Water Bottle – Do your bit to help the planet! Swell have a mission to rid the planet of plastic water bottles and their premium eco water bottles are made of stainless steel with triple-wall insulation to prevent condensation on the outside of the bottles. They really do keep your drinks cold for 24 hours. You can also use them to keep drinks piping hot for an amazing 12 hours! They come in a variety of colours and designs too. You can buy them online here.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Machine – Nespresso’s latest coffee machine is sure to be the perfect gift for any coffee lover – especially if they like BIG coffees! Not only is it super simple to use (a bar code reader inside the machine reads the capsules to create the perfect coffee but it can create Espresso to Alto (find out more here). You can order this model online or pick it up in store at the Nespresso Boutiques in Glattzentrum, Bleicherweg 5 or Löwenstrasse in 8001 Zurich.
The “Rebel Spirit MOONPHASE” Men’s Watch by Thomas Sabo – The limited edition watch was recently released! So this would surely be a great present for someone special. For more information, visit the Thomas Sabo website or stop by their Bahnhofstrasse store.
Le Labo Candles – Find the perfect scent for any home by Le Labo! All products are made by hand using the best ingredients. The brand also sells perfumes and colognes, as well as hair and skin care products. You can find their candles at the new perfume department at Globus Bellevue.
Swarovski’s Holiday Collection – Swarovski has just released their 2017 holiday collection for anyone who likes that little extra sparkle! You can check it out online or at their store on Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich!
Cashmere – Keep cosy and warm this Christmas with cashmere from Luxe4Education. With a whole range of items suitable for both men and women, the cashmere is sold in aid of a great charity supporting blind Chinese orphans and can be purchased online. See the collection online here
SmartWatcher – the Gift of Independence and Security – Zurich based company SwissWatcher have come up with a revolutionary watch which is very simple but very effective. It allows older people to enjoy their independence in the knowledge that if they get lost, have a fall or are endangered in any way, they can call up to 12 people for help. Ideal for older people and also young people too. Find out more about the product here and enter our contest to win a SmartWatcher.
Mondaine Essence Watch – the new Mondaine Essence watch is made from sustainable components – the watch strap is made of natural rubber and would you believe the casing is actually made from castor oil? Find out more about this watch here
Membership of the Gourmet 29 Club – an ideal gift for the Foodie in your life! Membership of the 29 Gourmet Club in Zurich gives you and your companion 29% discount off all your meals (including drinks) when dining at selected gourmet restaurants in Zurich. Valid for one year and can be used as often as you’d like. Find out more here.
Skincare by L’Occitane – L’Occitane is in located at Bahnhofstrasse 94, 8001 and at Sihlcity in Zurich and they provide great skincare products for men and women, with all natural ingredients. We love their ultra rich body creams which are super rich and smell divine. In Winter we never leave the house without one of their practical tubes of hand creams. You can get 2 hand creams in a gift box right now along with a 3 Lou.Yetu rings for every purchase of CHF 25 and over – such a cute idea! Don’t forget to check out their Christmas gift boxes too. You can order onlineor pick up in-store.
Rituals has two locations in Zurich – one at Marktgasse 20, 8001 Zurich and the other in Bahnhofstrasse. They have a wonderful selection of gifts including one of our real favourites the Ritual of Ayurveda Body Scrub made with sweet almond oil and Indian rose. Perfect for moisturising and exfoliating in the Winter and it smells wonderful! Take a look at their Christmas selections in Zurich or on their website here.
Yves Rocher Plant Based beauty products – Yves Rocher has two locations in Zurich and offers a plethora of beautiful and nourishing plant based products which harness the power of their natural ingredients to help your skin. The products are very well priced and there is a fabulous choice for Christmas. See here for more.
Lierac Magnificence Serum Red – we love serums and this is another of our skincare favourites. See here for details.
The Longchamp Mademoiselle Handbag – check out the fabulous handbags from the new Longchamp Winter range. We’re dreaming of this bag as it’s not only great looking but very practical too. Find out more here.
BaByliss Heated Smoothing Brush – The styling tool for everyone with medium to long hair! This brush creates beautiful hairstyles by taming frizz in a matter of seconds. You can find it in many department stores or order it online.
Philips DiamondClean Sonicare Toothbrush – Apparently the DiamondClean is rated the best electric whitening toothbrush, and would be a great gift for anyone. It comes in a range of different colours – check out the rose gold version it’s so pretty! This particular package is perfect for travelling. It comes with a portable travel case, that doubles as a USB charger, as well as it’s classic charging glass. This can be picked up at many electronic stores in Zurich or you can view it online!
Braun Face Spa Electric Facial Cleansing Brush and Epilator – the Braun face spa offer a thorough cleaning of your face as well as exfoliating and gently removing any facial hair for flawlessly beautiful skin. There are four different types of brushes you can use with it. You can buy here.
Philips Sonicare AirFloss – The Philips AirFloss cleans between your teeth giving you a professional clean which makes you feel like you’ve been to the dentist. If you hate flossing this is definitely for you! Easy to use and practical and comes with its own charging stand. You can pick this up at Manor or order it online here.
Braun Satin Hair 7 IONTEC Brush – A great product for those who want to use a brush their hair on-the-go to get rid of excess frizz. It doesn’t heat or straighten but it helps tame the frizz. It’s powered by 2 AAA batteries and is roughly the same size and weight as a normal hairbrush. You can get it at Manor or order it online!
An Original Painting by Swiss Mountain Artist Joanne Finnegan – a painting makes a unique present and a lasting souvenir. Joanne has a great selection of mountain scenes and can also do commissions on request. Don’t forget to use voucher code NIZ to get a 10% discount before 31st December. Find out more here.
An Abstract Painting – maybe you would prefer an abstract painting as a Christmas gift – if so check out British artist living in Zurich, Dan MacGregor’s art collection. Again, use voucher code NIZ to get a 10% discount. Find out more here.
Around Switzerland in 80 Maps – British author Diccon Bewes’s intriguing coffee table book about maps and how Switzerland came to be the country it is, is now available in paperback and makes a perfect present. It is available for purchase at all good bookshops.
A Swiss Colouring Book – perfect for adults or children. Available at all good book shops in Zurich. Find out more about it here.
Zurich Insider Guide – Available in English or German – this guide to Zurich by Peter Bührer is full of useful information, QR codes so you view clips on your phone, and lots of great offers for attractions in and around Zurich. Boasting 700 pages it is great value at CHF 39.90. Available from all good bookshops. For more information (in German) see here.
The Expansion by Christoph Martin – or how about a thriller set in Zurich and written in English ? It can be purchased at all good bookshops or online. Find out more about this novel here.
Victorinox Roller Suitcase – the well known Swiss brand has a great selection suitcases and this one is ideal for frequent travellers as it incorporates a special laptop sleeve. Koffer.ch have an amazing selection of suitcases including both Victorinox and Samonsite as well as many other brands and you can order online and they are delivered very quickly. Find out more and see their selection here.
Swiss Chocolate – Honold’s Chocolate – Zurich family chocolatier Honold’s has a wonderful selection of tempting chocolate Christmas Trees, Santas and beautiful boxes of chocolates with a festive finish. Why not visit one of their 4 stores in Zurich in 53 Rennweg, 8001 Zurich, or in Küsnacht, Herrliberg, or Zurichberg and treat yourself to some fabulous chocolate! It’s so delicious you may not want to leave! See their dedicated Chocolate Catalogue here.
Chocolate Valentine Workshop – You may also want to purchase a gift of a place on one of the Special Chocolate Valentine Workshops which will be held in Küsnacht on 6th and 7th February 2018 at 7pm. See here for details (Event number 4).
Swiss Chocolate – Max Chocolatier – in their delightful boutique in Schlüsselgasse 12, 8001 Zurich, the Lucerne based chocolatier has some divine chocolates to melt your heart. From beautiful chocolate Santa figurines to large chocolate baubles and delicious truffles you are sure to find the ideal present for the chocolate lover in your life. Website here.
Swiss Chocolate – Teuscher – this Zurich based chocolate maker’s champagne truffles are world renowned and made using a traditional family recipe with Dom Perignon champagne! They also have an amazing selections of Santas and Christmas gifts. Teuscher is at Bahnhofstrasse 46, 8001 Zurich and Storchengasse 9, 8001 Zurich. Visit the website here.
Swiss Chocolate – Läderach – well known for their “bark” chocolate they also have a great selection of Christmas gifts too. Pop by one of their stores in Zurich or look online here.
Olympus OM DEM 10 Mk iii Camera – fed up carrying around a heavy DSLR but still want good quality photos? How about investigating Olympus’s OM DEM 10 Mk iii camera? Lightweight but robust with a lovely retro feel it is easy to use and produces great photos. The Mark iii was only launched in September 2017 and its like the Mark ii only better! We love using this camera for personal and professional photos and now you can shoot videos in 4K too. Find out more about it here or buy it from your favourite came shop or online here.
Globus Delicatessa – the theme this Christmas at Globus is “Grand Hotel Globus” and you can find all sorts of traditional Swiss goodies in the Delicatessen department. As well as beautiful Christmas hampers and gift boxes there are cooking accessories and you could even give a Globus Delicatessen voucher. For more information visit the Globus website or pop into the stores in Bellevue or Bahnhofstrasse.
Jelmoli Department Store – Jelmoli has a wonderful range of gift ideas too and before you go in you might want to try the delicious (and very strong!) pure Finnish Loimu Glühwein in the Christmas stall right outside. You might even want to buy a bottle too as they look beautifully Christmassey in dark blue and white. Inside the store you will find plenty of inspiration for Christmas gifts to suit all pockets. Visit the Jelmoli online store here.
Champagne – Nothing beats a glass of Ruinart champagne – so why not buy someone a bottle of the very beautifully colours Ruinart Rosé. It’s available at Globus Delicatessen for CHF 89.90. See here.
A Bottle of Glenfiddich Winter Storm – a premium limited edition whisky made as part of the Glenfiddich Experimental Series. We tasted it recently (see here) and it is very special indeed.
Delaire Graff Estate 2015 Botmaskop – Looking for a nice bottle of wine at a reasonable price for Christmas lunch? This full bodied South African Delaire Graff red wine by Mövenpick is infused with flavors of blackberries, dark cherries and blackcurrants. For more information visit the Mövenpick website here.
Mövenpick Zzysh Wine Bottle Closures – Not only a good gift, but also something handy to have around! Mövenpicks bottle closure keeps your wine fresh even after it’s been open! Definitely a must-have. You can order them online here.
They also produce Zzysh Champagne Closures too. See here.
Lalique Jewellery – as well as creating beautiful Lalique glassware and perfumes, the company also has a range of exquisite jewellery like this beautiful pendant, available in a range of stunning colours. Find out more here.
Spa Voucher for the Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa – While the holidays are the perfect time for spending time with the family, they can also be quite stressful so a spa voucher is the perfect gift to help you unwind. In fact the Nescens Spa at the VICTORIA-JUNGFRAU Grand Hotel & Spa has just been awarded the coveted “Wellness Aphrodite 2017” in the “Beauty & Treatments” category. They offer full spa days or overnight stays as well as facials, massages and much more! Check out their website here or read our article here.
All prices / offers believed to be correct at time of publishing but prices may change without notice. Products subject to availability.
Want to drop a hint to someone? Why not share this list ?…
Don’t miss out on what’s happening in Zurich – if you haven’t done so already, sign up to our blog in the box below this article