Holiday Quiz About Zurich
If you’ve been living in Zurich for a little while, we’re sure you’ve gained some knowledge about the city. Why not put it to good use and see how you score with this little quiz about Zurich? We’ve also included some shots of Zurich too.
- What are the names of the three patron saints of Zurich.
- Which two landmarks are linked to their stories?
- What is the name of the famous Zurich graffiti artist who sought refuge in Germany in the 1980s?
- Where was Zurich founded by the Romans?
- Which famous Zurich landmark is the second tallest building in Switzerland?
- How many fountains are there in Zurich?
- What is the name of the oldest vegetarian restaurant in Zurich?
- What is the name of the oldest vegetarian restaurant in the world?
- Which Swiss preacher at the Grossmünster started the Swiss Reformation in the 1520s?
- In what year was Zürich’s Bahnhofstrasse laid out?
- What is the name of the feast day of the patron saints of Zurich celebrated on 11th September, and which came to be the “national holiday” of the early modern Republic of Zurich?
- Whose famous stained glass windows adorn the Fraumunster church in Zurich?
- How many days a year is the Zurich Zoo open?
- What is the name of Zurich’s famous art gallery and on which day is it free of charge to visit the main collection?
- Which airport in Switzerland is the busiest in the country?
- In which location and in what year was the Dada movement founded in Zurich?
- How many metres above sea level is Zurich’s Uetliberg?
- What time do the fireworks begin for New Year’s Eve / Day every year?
- Which former communist leader lived in Spiegelgasse Zurich?
- St Peter’s Church in Zurich boasts two special attributes – name one of them.
- What is the Roman name for Zurich?
- Which famous Russian Revolutionary lived in Zurich?
You can find the answers below.
- The three patron saints of Zurich are Felix, Regula and Exuperantius.
- Two landmarks linked to their stories – Wasserkirche and Grossmunster.
- Harald Naegli was the famous Zurich graffiti artist.
- Zurich was founded by the Romans around the Lindenhof as “Turicum”.
- Prime Tower is the famous Zurich landmark, now the second tallest building in Switzerland.
- There are 1200 drinking fountains in Zurich.
- Hiltl is the oldest vegetarian restaurant in Zurich.
- Hiltl the oldest (continuously open) vegetarian restaurant in the world.
- Huldrych Zwingli was the Swiss preacher at the Grossmünster who started the Swiss Reformation in the 1520s.
- Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse was laid out in 1867.
- Knabenschiessen is the name of the feast day of the patron saints of Zurich celebrated on 11th September, which became the “national holiday” of the early modern Republic of Zurich.
- Marc Chagall’s famous stained glass windows adorn the Fraumunster church in Zurich.
- Zurich Zoo is open 365 day a year.
- The Kunsthaus is Zurich’s famous art gallery and entry to the main collection is free of charge on Wednesdays.
- Zurich airport is Switzerland’s busiest airport.
- The Dada movement was founded at Cabaret Voltaire in the Niederdorf in 1916.
- Zurich’s Uetliberg is 871 metres above sea level.
- The fireworks for New Year’s Eve / Day begin every year at 20 minutes past midnight.
- St Peter’s Chuch is 1) the oldest parish church in Zurich and 2) has the largest church clock face in the whole of Europe (even bigger than Big Ben).
- Vladimir Lenin.
We hope you enjoyed this quiz! Have fun over the holidays!
Articles you may Like
If you enjoyed the quiz, share it …