Foodie Hot Spots in Kaş Turkey
More Adventures from Antalya
Plus Things to See and Do in Kaş
Our food correspondent Amy loves to research where to eat every time she takes a trip or goes on holiday. In fact she admits that her trips sometimes revolve totally around food! For Amy, food is a huge part in making the trip just as memorable as the historical sites and beautiful towns. She recently visited Antalya in Turkey (see her article here) and whilst there she took off to explore some of the coastal resorts. Over to Amy …
Renting a car and travelling down the coast from Antalya to Kaş is definitely worth the three hour trip. Not only is the road along the turquoise water of the sea extremely picturesque, but there are plenty of places to stop for a swim or to explore some Ancient Roman Ruins.
Kaş is an adorable seaside town with quaint shops and gorgeous cafes and restaurants to stroll through – so having heard good reports about the food scene there too we set off to discover more. So if you happen to be visiting the Antalya region of Turkey and have time to grab a bite in Kaş, I have two amazing restaurant tips for you!
Founded in 2016 and the only Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant in the area. Craft beer, fresh juice and amazing produce can be found at this cute restaurant.
Wonderfully served layers of roasted eggplant intertwined with mozzarella, basil and light tomato sauce.
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Not being vegetarian or a vegan, this was a must to try. A brilliant mix of spicy & sweet buffalo style marinated & lightly fried cauliflower.
A mouthwatering rice ball filled with melted feta & mozzarella cheese coated with basil and arrabiatta sauce.
A wonderful blend of greens coated with lemon vinegarette & olive oil. Falafel, avocado hummus & quinoa in the mix!
Dedikodu Coffee House
A quick stop for a hot or cold coffee is always worth it when you are constantly on the go to explore more fabulous things! I can definitely recommend…
Dedikodu in Turkish means ‘gossip’ – what a great name for a café.
Kaş is a pretty little Mediterranean seaside resort whitewashed houses and buildings covered in bougainvillea. in southwestern Turkey. Occupying the site of ancient Antiphellos, there are plenty of historical ruins to explore including a theatre, as well as several Lycian rock tombs including a 4th-century-B.C. Lion Tomb, with 2 carved lion heads. In fact the Lycian Way actually passes by the town.
Things To Do and See in Kaş
There is plenty to see and do in Kaş. Here are some suggestions:
- Visit the Hellenic amphitheatre and the ancient ruins. Unlike many ruins these are FREE.
- Wander round the streets of the old town. There are plenty of retail opportunities and leave room in your suitcase for some of the beautifully coloured ceramics.
- There are some great beaches at Kaş and close by. How about swimming or snorkelling at Kalkan, Kaputas, Patara and Xanthos beaches?
- Go diving. There are plenty of places all along the coast offering diving day trips.
- If you’re feeling brave you can even go paragliding.
- Hire a car and go exploring.
- Take a boat trip to the island of Meis or Kastellorizo as it is also known and visit the Blue Cave (also known as the blue Grotteo). With a morning crossing out, coming back early afternoon it gives you the opportunity for a taste of Greece. Don’t forget your euros!
- Explore the Lycian Way.
- Visit the sunken city of Kekova by glass bottomed boat or go take a trip to the Saklikent Gorge.
See where Antalya is on this map from the Turkey Tourism Office:
Article and Photos by Amy Botha
Articles You May Like