A Journey On The GoldenPass Belle Époque Train
Travel in Style between Zweisimmen and Montreux
Fancy a train journey in Switzerland luxuriating in 1930s style and elegance? There is one train journey you really should experience! It’s the MOB Belle Époque Train which runs between Montreux and Zweisimmen.
1930s Ambiance With All Modern Comforts
It comprises beautiful old carriages built in the Belle Époque style, so that you can enjoy the ambience of the 1930s with all the luxury of modern comforts.
The second class carriages (pictured above) are very beautiful with lots of wood and cute little table lamps, but if you fancy treating yourself, the first class carriages are just incredible.
Beautiful Carriages and Scenic Views
Not only is the train beautiful and comfortable – but the views out of the window are pretty impressive too. We went in late February when there was still snow on the ground and we took the train from Zweisimmen to Gruben. One of the reasons for the journey was that we wanted to visit the House of Mirrors by Doug Aitken. However, please note that the House of Mirrors sadly moved on from its Swiss location on 31st March 2021.
In any case, if you have the time I would take the train all the way to Montreux to enjoy the journey to its full extent.
All the details from the lamps, to the seating and the switches are just so perfect.
At the time of travelling, due to Covid restrictions, they were not serving food and beverages. However, this service has now been resumed. It is definitely a very cool idea to enjoy some refreshments whilst travelling in comfort through the Swiss countryside.
An Unforgettable Swiss Experience
It all makes for an unforgettable experience as you glide through the splendid Swiss scenery ranging from forests to lakes to mountains – a perfect Swiss experience.
What To Do In Montreux
- Visit the Freddie Mercury Statue along the Promenade
- Visit Chateau Chillon – the Castle in the Lake
- If you go in Winter make sure to visit Montreux Noel Market
- If you go in Summer try to make it to the Montreux Jazz Festival
GoldenPass Belle Époque From Zweisimmen to Montreux
- Outbound journey: to Montreux or Zweisimmen – see the timetable here .
- Zweisimmen: departs at 12.02 p.m. and 5.02 p.m. / Montreux: departs at 9.50 a.m. and 2.50 p.m.
- Your GA Travelcard, Half Fare Travelcard and Junior Travelcard are all valid without any further supplement.
- You can reserve your seat at mob.chLink.
*** Articles You May Like ***