We run a number of contests and offers here at NewInZurich.com – so please see below any current and recent contests. Feel free to “subscribe to blog” so that you always know which contests are running.
NewInZurich Photo Contest
Terms and Conditions
Why not send us your best shots of “Switzerland in the Winter”?
We’d love to showcase your photos and by entering the contest not only will you get your photo featured on NewInZurich.com and the NewInZurich’s Social Media channels, but you will also to be in with a chance to win one of our great prizes.
We’re running a new Photo Contest on NewInZurich for January 2017. For details see here. Meanwhile here are the detailed Ts & Cs:
Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is NewInZurich.com and all entrants need to be over 21 years old and reside or have a delivery address in Switzerland.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found here.
4. Closing date for entry will be 31st January 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows can be found here.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be chosen by photographer Geoff Pegler. The winning photos will be published on NewInZurich.com
11. The winner will be notified by email and within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
13. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and to allow their photographs to be published on NewInZurich.com and on NewInZurich’s Social Media Channels.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. The winner’s names will be published on NewInZurich.com
17. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to www.NewInZurich.com and not to any other party.
Contests Which Have Finished
Please note most contests are posted within the articles on the Home Page
Man’s World Zurich 2016
****2 Tickets for a Man’s World at the Maag Halle in Zurich 4th – 6th February 2016****
We have 2 tickets for the event up for grabs!
Simply email us here with 1) your name 2) mobile number and 3) the word Men in the subject line. If you would like to subscribe to the blog (and don’t already) we would be over the moon! Learn more about Man’s World by reading the article here.
Good luck and enjoy!
For information on more events in Zurich and beyond subscribe to the blog in the box below.
Free Tickets to Blickfang
This contest was run on the Blickfang page and entries were received by both email and via the comments section of the article. The tickets were won by Shawn Tinker, Jennifer Schmitt and Htomi Novak. Congratulations and well done!
Win Free Tickets to
The Slow Food Market Zurich
13th – 15th November 2015
The Slow Food Market is a wonderful event for foodies in Zurich and all over Switzerland. We have 10 tickets for our free to enter contest! Starting on Friday 13th November and finishing on Sunday 15th November it promises to be a fabulous food extravaganza. There will be producers from Switzerland as well as some from Germany and Italy too.
Not only will you be able to meet the producers and small businesses in person, but you will have the opportunity to learn about the food itself, its provenance and to taste and purchase. There is also a Show Kitchen where cookery demonstrations will be taking place during the event and a kids cookery area too.
To be in with a chance of winning please email email@example.com with
1) your name
2) your address (tickets will be sent out by Post)
3) SFM2015 in the subject line of your email. Good luck!
Update: the contest draw was drawn and all the lucky winners were sent their tickets by post.
The tickets will be sent out to by post
Expovina 5 x 2 Tickets to the Wine Boats
To enter this contest simply write a comment underneath the article about Expovina 2015 telling us your favourite wine. The winners will be drawn out of a hat at midnight on 1st November and will be announced on Monday 2nd November 2015.
UPDATE: The winners have been drawn and are:
1) Terêsa Martin , 2) Aldo Santra, 3) Hannah Bye, 4) Daniel Beckert, 5) Daniel Bratton
Voucher for Half Price Entry to the Gourmesse Food and Wine Festival 9th – 12th October
NewInZurich has teamed up with the “Gourmesse” to offer a special half price entry for all our readers! Simply print out the voucher below, fill it in and take it with you to the show to take advantage of this offer. You can also go to this link to download the voucher too.
This offer for 1/2 price entry is valid until the fair closes on 12th October. Enjoy!
Win Free Tickets for Art International Zurich 2015 at the Kongresshaus
Art International takes place from 16th – 18th October in Zurich. The Kongresshaus is the venue and there will be a selection of international and contemporary art available to view, admire or maybe even purchase!
*** Contest for Free Tickets ***
NewInZurich has 20 tickets up for grabs! Each ticket admits 2 people and is valid for the duration of the exhibition as well as allowing you access to the Vernissage on the 15th October.
To be in with a chance of winning please email firstname.lastname@example.org with
1) your name
2) your mobile number
3) Art2015 in the subject line of your email. Good luck!
Draw closes and the winners will be notified on 10th October 2015
UPDATE: The ten winners were drawn and were notified by email. They were: A. Fuzy, A.Stoehlke, M.Choncer, S.Chambery, K.Buck, S.Vinciguerra, F.Wyler, B.Roberts, R.Galimova, M.Treacy, M.L’Hermitte, D.Blair, N.Gonvalves, A.Poklekowski, P.Lewis, S.Chouchan, T.Friedman, J.Yun, N.Schächter, M.Wyslucha, Marrisa Ann Garriso.
Congratulations to you all and we hope you enjoyed the event!
Wiine.me will be hosting another of their great Wine Lovers Apero’s on September 10th from 7pm – 9pm at the Harrison Spirit Interior Design Shop at Morgartenstrasse 22, 8004 Zurich.
Win a Voucher for CHF 150 towards Dinner for Two at a Katzentisch Restaurant
Are you a foodie always searching for delicious food and great restaurants? Then, this Zurich restaurant contest is perfect for you. To enter simply:
1. Email us at email@example.com with your name + mobile number + the word Katzentisch in the subject line.
We’s also love to know the name of your favourite Zurich restaurants – so why not include “my favourite Zurich restaurant is ….” in your email for an additional entry!!!
The winner will be drawn at midnight on Monday 27th July!
If you want to know more about Katzentisch read our article here.
Update! The winner has been drawn and is Kari Jones. Well done and enjoy!
Win two tickets to a Wine Tasting Event at Fork and Bottle with Wiine.Me on 1st July from 7pm – 9pm!
This Wine Lover’s Apero with Wiine.Me is the “Manzone Wine Tour”. You’ll get to taste 6 Italian wines as well as meeting Mauro, the winemaker from Giovanni Manzone at Fork & Bottle, Zurich.
Mauro is a young, dynamic winemaker and will be telling us all about his fantastic Piedmont wines. The selection includes some fabulous Barbera, Nebbiolo, and Barolo and you will enjoy tasting great wine, as well as the hospitality of Fork and Bottle!
This open bar tasting of 6 wines, nibbles and lots of fun costs only CHF 30. However you will get 15 CHF credited back when you purchase wine – so it’s like getting one bottle of wine for free!
To be in with a chance of winning 2 tickets for this event, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + mobile number + Manzone in the subject line or share the event on Twitter or Facebook to be in with a chance of winning. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 30th June at 3pm.
To buy tickets for this event please go to the website and you will find the event under July in Zurich.
UPDATE: the contest is now closed and the winner was Y. Aberhard Stutz. Thank you to everyone who took part and good luck with the next contest.
Win a Voucher for 2 Tickets to see Shadowland (has been drawn)
taking place at the Maag Halle from 14th – 19th April. The contest will be drawn on 7th April. See here for details about this amazing show. The contest will be drawn on 2nd April 2015.
Update: the contest is now closed and the winner was Christina von Philipborn
Win a Year’s Subscription to L’OFFICIEL Switzerland (has been drawn)
The Swiss edition of the renowned fashion magazine from Paris, L’OFFICIEL Switzerland, is celebrating its 1st birthday! To celebrate NewInZurich has a one year subscription up for grabs – simply email email@example.com with your 1) name, 2) your telephone number and 3) the word L’Officiel in the subject line. The contest was drawn on 23rd March 2015.
The magazine is packed with glossy photos and style and fashion tips as well as articles about travel and luxury and is available in French or German. The subscription can be delivered anywhere in Switzerland.
In addition, you may be interested to know that L’OFFICIEL HOMMES has just gone on sale with an exclusive interview with the actor and singer Carlos Leal, who is on the cover page. For more information please see the L’Officiel Facebook site or the L’Officiel website.
Update: the contest is now closed and the winner was J.Fabrizi.
Wine Lovers Apero Contest with Wiine.me
(has been drawn)
Win 2 tickets for the Wine Lover’s Apéro on March 24th at the International Beer Bar in Zurich. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your name, 2) your mobile number and 3) the word Vino in the subject line.
Update: the contest is now closed and the winner was E.Ziverts.
For more information read here.
Cooking Course contest with Wiine.me and Urban Cooking School
(has been drawn)
Win a place for one on the South East Asian Cookery Course on March 18th at Urban Cookery School – NewInZurich have one place available in our prize draw.
Simply email email@example.com with 1) your name, 2) your mobile number and 3) the word Cook in the subject line.
Update: the contest is now closed and the winner was R. Buoite Stella.
Contest Terms and Conditions:
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of Switzerland except employees (and their families) of NewInZurich, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by NewInZurich relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.