Zurich has some great markets and it’s always great fun seeing what’s on offer and buy fresh fruit and veg and flowers as you watch the world go by. You need to be up early to get the best buys though as some of them, like Bürkliplatz, shut around 11am.
– Bürkliplatz – fruit and veg, some organic and exotic wares: On Tuesday & Friday mornings 6am – 11am
– Helvetiaplatz – fruit and veg and some exotic wares: On Tuesday & Friday mornings 6am – 11am
– Rathausbrücke – fruit & veg, flowers, plants, bread: On Saturday mornings 6am – 12 noon
– Oerlikon: On Wednesday 6 – 11am & Saturday mornings 6am – 12 noon in the market square. All kinds of fresh fruit and veg and lots more. See here for more information.
– Zurich Hauptbahnhof – this is the speciality Food Market on Wednesdays (it used to be Tuesdays) from 10am – 8pm Read here.
In addition there is the Markthalle Im Viadukt with gourmet food (and the British Cheese Club too!) Monday – Saturday 10am – 8pm (Sat from 8am). More information (in German) here.
– Rosenhof Market in the Niederdorf: Monday – Friday from 10am – 8pm and Saturday 10am – 5pm. March to December. Selling clothes, jewellery, hand crafted gifts etc. For more information see here.
– Bürkliplatz Flohmarkt – 10th May – 2nd October 6am – 4pm (except August) More information here.
– FlohMarkt Kanzlei – probably Switzerland’s biggest flea market which is open all year. Situated just off Helvetiaplatz professional traders as well as the general public sell everything from jewellery to last year clothes to family heirlooms. Always something different on display. See here for more information.