Chocolate Fondant Dessert
100g dark chocolate 70 – 75% cocoa
100g butter (plus extra for greasing)
30g caster sugar
45g plain flour
To serve: vanilla ice cream, double cream or crème fraiche
This is an adaptation of a John Burton Race recipe. However, our recipe doesn’t require you to separate the eggs and takes only a few minutes to make but looks very impressive when served. You can also divide the recipe in half and just make two.
- Butter 4 ramekins or moulds. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Place butter and chocolate (broken into pieces)into a bowl aver a pan of gently simmering water.
- When melted take off the heat and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and flour together and add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat together.
- Divide the mixture between the four moulds and place on a baking tray.You can set aside until you are ready to bake as they need to be served hot from the oven.
- Place in the oven for 10 mins. It can take up to 12 mins but if you overcook them the middles will not be runny 🙁
- The ones in the picture below were cooked for 11 mins – but 10 mins would have been a little better. Every oven is different!
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream or double cream or crème fraiche.
For more dessert ideas see here:
If you like the recipe share it…