Easy 2 Ingredient Only Vegan Chocolate Almond Truffles
These delicious truffles only take a few minutes to make and can be stored in the fridge for up to a month and for up to two weeks in the freezer. All you need are two ingredients and an ice cube tray to set them.
Try to find ice cube compartments which are as small as possible (or just fill each “cube” half way as these truffles are quite rich! In fact you may need to use 2 trays instead of one, if you’re filling each half way.
I used organic almond butter and organic 60% dark chocolate – but you could use a different nut spread if you prefer. The only other ingredients you might like to use are grains of sea salt, or some chopped nuts or a dusting of chocolate powder to decorate.
- 170g of dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of almond butter/spread (available in supermarkets and health food stores)
- Optional toppings: sea salt, chocolate powder or chopped nuts
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a glass bowl.
- Add the almond butter and place over a small saucepan of simmering water to melt (or alternatively melt in a microwave).
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into one or two ice cube moulds and tap on the countertop to remove any air bubbles. (Alternatively you could place in a small tin lined with parchment paper)
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour until solid
- Remove from the mould. If you used a baking tin, remove and cut into bite-sized squares.
- They are now ready to eat but you can store in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Melting the chocolate and the almond butter in a glass bowl over simmering water.
The resultant chocolate mixture then needs to be poured into ice cube trays.
The tricky part is getting them out of the ice cube moulds. I left it for a few minutes then used a knife to help ease them out.
Don’t forget to Pin it!
*** Recipes You May Like ***