Easy Lemon and Lime Soufflé Pudding
This is an easy to make, light, tangy and delicious self-saucing pudding. I’ve been making this pudding since I was a teenager and it always goes down well. It’s lovely and light with a sauce at the bottom which separates and looks lovey when decorated with raspberries.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar together until pale in colour
- Separate the eggs and add beat the egg yolks into the mixture a little at a time.
- Juice and zest the lemons and lime into a jug and measure out 200ml of milk
- Sift in the flour tablespoon by tablespoon alternating with the fluids (the juice, zest and milk) and lightly fold it into the mixture.
- In a separate clean bowl whisk the egg whites with a clean whisk until they form soft peaks.
- Stir in one tablespoon of the egg whites and mix and then fold in the rest very gently.
- Pour into a large buttered casserole dish, place in a baking tray of warm water and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for between 35 and 50 minutes (in my oven it took just over 40 minutes)
Serve the pudding warm or cold with pouring cream and a dusting of icing sugar.
Other puddings you might like to try