Mini Summer Fruit Meringue Pavlovas
These mini fruit pavlovas are easy to make and very delicious. The recipe adapted from Delia Smith and what I really like about all her recipes is that the always work! This one is very easy to make and the meringue nests can be made a few days in advance and stored (without the filling) in a sealed tin until needed.
2 x egg whites
100g caster sugar (but if you can’t get caster sugar normal sugar will do)
For the topping:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 x 250g tub Mascarpone cheese
100ml of 8% fat fromage frais
1 rounded dessertspoon caster sugar
A sift of icing sugar before serving
- Put the oven on to 150 degrees celsius. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Put the egg whites in a very clean bowl (with no traces of egg yolk or grease) and whisk with a hand whisk or electric whisk until soft peaks form and you can turn the bowl upside down without the meringue falling out.
- Now quickly whisk in the sugar, one dessertspoon at a time until it is all incorporated. By now it should be glossy.
- Using a tablespoon place 8 dollops of the mixture, spaced apart on the tray. With the spoon gently hollow out the centre of each one, making a little nest.
- Turn the temperature down to 140 degrees Celsius and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the oven but leave the meringues inside for around 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Whilst the nests cool make the filling by whisking the mascarpone, fromage frais and sugar together and put them into the cooled nests.
- Place the berries on top and sieve some icing sugar on top before serving.
*** Recipes You May Like ***