Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies
Today’s recipe is another by Caitlin Dunn and is for that classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate in the form of brownies! Great for parties, picnics and lunch boxes, these scrumptious brownies have swirls of peanut butter inlaid in them and are sure to go down a treat!
10 tablespoons (140 grams) unsalted butter
¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (65 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (65 grams) all-purpose flour
2-3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and grease a square 8×8 baking tray with butter.
- Place a medium glass bowl on top of a saucepan and add the butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Add in an inch of water to the saucepan and simmer on a low heat. Once melted remove from the heat and set aside. The mixture will be grainy, not smooth.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes then stir in the vanilla extract and the two eggs until combined.
- Next add the flour and by now the batter should be smooth and glossy.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and spread evenly. With a spoon, drop small bits of peanut butter along the top of the top and use a toothpick or the tip of a knife to drag the tip through the peanut butter to create a swirls.
Notes: These brownies are delicious without peanut butter too, so feel free to leave it out or add another topping of your choice.