Strawberry, Feta and Walnut Salad
1 x small pack of Feta cheese
Selection of your favourite salad leaves
A small punnet ripe strawberries
A handful of walnuts, pecan or nuts of your choice
A few mint leaves (optional)
A couple of tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
Slices of a small chopped red onion (optional)
For the Balsamic dressing
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
6 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Wash and dry the salad leaves preferably in a salad spinner and place in a large salad bowl.
- Wash the strawberries, pat dry and cut into halves or quarters depending on size
- Finely slice the red onion.
- Chop the nuts into small pieces and scatter over the top along with the onion slices.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes and scatter on top too.
- For the dressing whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup or honey.
- Gradually whisk the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until it is all fully emulsified and creamy.
- Mix a little of the balsamic dressing with the salad and the other ingredients and pour the rest into a small jug.
- Decorate with the strawberries and pomegranate seeds and mint leaves if using and finish with a few grinds of black pepper.
Other Recipes You May Like