The Viral Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
serves 4 – or half the amounts to serve 2
450 g pasta shapes
250 g block of feta cheese
1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil
Optional – 1/2 small red chilli pepper chopped
500g – 750 g cherry tomatoes
4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
Optional – 2 tablespoons finely grated Gruyere or Emmental cheese
salt & ground black pepper
bunch of fresh basil leaves or rucola
This is the recipe that went viral on Tok Tok, created originally by Tiuu Piret and then made famous by Jenni Häyrinen. It is so easy to make it has been seen all over Social Media channels and it tastes delicious. You can of course adapt it with red peppers, onions or whatever you have available. I like to adapt it bay adding a sprinkling of grated Gruyere or Emmental cheese on top to make a gratinée topping, but this is optional.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a rectangular ovenproof dish. (It is easier if you half the tomatoes).
- Place the chopped slices of garlic (and any chopped chilli if using ) in the dish along with the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and generous amounts of black pepper
- Place the block of feta in the middle of the tomatoes and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take the dish out. With a fork, mix the cheese and tomatoes all together so that it all becomes one rich sauce.
- Having cooked your pasta al dente according to cooking instructions mix this into the sauce in the dish.
- Optional if you have it / want to use it- cover the baked sauce and pasta mix with a couple of tablespoons of finely grated cheese and place back in the over for 10 minutes. It is fine without the grated cheese too. 🙂
- When it comes out of the oven decorate it with chopped basil or rucola (if like me you couldn’t find any basil!).
Placing the cheese in the middle of the tomatoes, garlic, chilli and olive oil:
After 20 minutes in the oven take it out then mix it all together with a fork:
After adding the pasta, sprinkle with finely grated Gruyere cheese and place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Finally add the rucola before serving.
Low Carb Version of Baked Feta Pasta With Cauliflower
If you don’t want to use pasta, you can make a low carb option by roasting a slice (or if you prefer, small pieces) of cauliflower in the oven on a roasting tray with a drizzle of oil for about 15 – 20 minutes and simply serving the tomatoes and cheese over the cauliflower instead!
*** Recipes You May Like ***