White or Dark Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Roasted Hazelnuts
This easy and delicious recipe uses Swiss white, milk or dark chocolate, roasted hazelnuts and cranberries and is a great desert or could be served with coffee. It also makes an excellent gift. It takes about 7 minutes to make and half an hour to set in the fridge. No cooking required – just a microwave (or double saucepan).
300g Swiss chocolate (3 x 100g bars)
⅓ cup dried cranberries
⅓ cup roasted hazalnuts sliced in half
You could use walnuts, roasted pistachios or any other nut instead.
You could also add ⅓ cup of shredded coconut
1. Line a rectangular baking sheet with a sheet of baking paper.
2. Chop the 3 bars of white chocolate and place in a bowl and microwave on high for 1minute or 1minute 30 until it’s melted (alternatively use a bowl over a saucepan of hot water to melt the chocolate).
3. Stir with a rubber spatula after 30 seconds and return to microwave for another 30 seconds and stir again until it’s completely smooth.
5. Pour the chocolate from the bowl onto the baking tray leaving an inch gap all round the edges.
6. Sprinkle over the dried cranberries and chopped nuts of your choice. You could also add dessicated coconut too.
7. Place in the fridge for half an hour, then cut and serve with fresh raspberries and vanilla ice cream – or simply on it’s own!
You can wrap it in cellophane to make a great gift. Enjoy!