Cinema In Zurich
and Films in English in Zurich
Want to go to the Cinema and see films in English?
There are plenty of cinemas in Zurich showing films in English. Take a look here to get some ideas on where to go. Just to let you know that often (in fact usually) there is an intermission during the film when you have a 10 minute break to get refreshments.
– Cineman – the Cineman website shows you what’s on at the cinema here
If you’re looking for films in English language (rather than dubbed for example) then you need to check that it states EN after the film.
– Xenix – there are many classic and English language films running here – so click here for Xenix cinema
– Pathe cinemas have many special offerings for movie goers, including “Morning Films”! At the reduced price of CHF 12.50 per ticket and “Family Tickets” and many others. For more information please see here
– Filmpodium Zurich – show over 350 films every year, many of them classics and from all eras – and many in English. They also run a number of kids movies in English too. Find out more here.
KinoKultur is another what’s on website for films in Zurich
Allianz Openair Zurich
14th July – 14th August 2016
– What Was Orange Openair became Salt Openair and in 2016 it’s now Allianz Openair. With its unique location on the waters edge at Zurichorn, close to the China Gardens in Zurich it’s a wonderful venue to watch films in the open air on a large screen. This year it takes place from 14th July to the 14th August – so why not book your tickets now and look forward to a great evening out. See our article all about it here.
Other Zurich Openair Cinemas Zurich
Take a look at the other smaller Openair cinemas in and around Zurich: Please take a look here or see below.
Zurich Film Festival
22nd September – 2nd October 2016
The Zurich Film Festival takes place every year and in 2016, the 12th edition will take place from 22nd September – 2nd October 2016. Last year there were 161 films shown from 27 countries as well as film master classes and gala premieres. Read our interview with Mike Leigh here at the 2015 ZFF.
As Zurich is a small city you often get the chance to see the stars at close quarters as they walk along the green carpet or even sometimes just sightseeing in town.
The ZFF also run a 72 second film-maker contest, a kids films section at the festival and lots more. For more information and background on this year’s Zurich Film festival see here.
– EWZ Stattkino – every year there is also a film festival at EWZ Stattkino, usually in February.
– Netflix – you might also be interested to know that Netflix is now available in Switzerland too.
Please also check our Films section for films we have seen in Zurich, often with a Swiss connection.
Have fun and enjoy your films!