One of the Landmarks of Zurich
Once the Zurich armoury, the Zeughauskeller now entertains clientele in the form of a restaurant. It was built in 1487 and is located just off Paradeplatz in the centre of the city.
Once home to the Crossbow used by Wilhelm Tell, diners now sit in awe at the diverse weaponry on show from the Middle Ages to present day.
Since 1926 the Keugaukeller has been a peaceful place for people to meet and eat and drink. The arms on display are now only used for decoration. The Zeughauskeller serves traditional Zurich fare, like the “Rösti and Geschnetzeltes” below:
Take a quick look at the video below to see more:
For short overviews on other Zurich landmarks and sightseeing locations, see below:
with thanks to Jan de Boer for the research and video production