The Peak Walk by Tissot – Switzerland’s Hanging Mountain Bridge
Pedestrian Hanging Bridge Les Diablerets
Looking for something different to do in Switzerland? Fancy a trip out of Zurich into the mountains? How about visiting the world’s first hanging bridge connecting two peaks? It’s a spectacular attraction located in the Les Diablerets Glacier 3000 area. This pedestrian suspension bridge is called The Peak Walk by Tissot and hangs 3,000 meters high between the View Point in Les Diablerets and Scex Rouge in Gstaad.
Views over Key Mountain Peaks
It’s 107 metres long and 80cm wide and it cost 1.8 million Swiss francs to build. As well as being a unique construction it also offers amazing views over the Matterhorn, Mont Blanc Massif, Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. You also have an amazing panorama of the Glacier below.
Built to Hold 300 People At One Time
The Peak Walk by Tissot is very sturdily built and can withstand winds of up to 200km per hour. It can take up to 300 people on it at one time, but in the interests of visitor safety and comfort, numbers are limited to a maximum of 150. It looks as if it could be scary to walk over but in fact it feels very solid and the views are fantastic.
See video here:
So why not take a trip to somewhere different and of course, don’t forget your camera!
The suspension bridge is open all year round (weather permitting), and is included in the ticket price for visitors taking the gondola to the Glacier 3000.
Tips for Visiting Glacier 3000
- Wear sunglasses as it can be very bright especially when the sun is shining
- Wear sun lotion as the sun can be very strong and it there is a lot of reflected light.
- Wear good walking boots so that you don’t slip whilst walking on any ice.
- Take a jacket as it can be quite cold at this altitude and in Winter, gloves too.
Hotel Accommodation close by – Eurotel Victoria Les Diablerets
Other Things To Do
Whilst you’re there – there are plenty of other things to do:
- Take a ride in the Alpine Coaster – the highest toboggan track in the world.
- Enjoy Brunch or Lunch at the Botta Restaurant
- Go for a ride in the Snow Bus across the Glacier.
- Go for a walk across the glacier
The Peak Walk by Tissot
Open: 365 days a year (subject to weather conditions)
Tickets: Click here for details. Please note you can use your Halb Tax here.
For more information visit the Les Diablerets Glacier 3000 website here.
For more ideas on things to do in Zurich and beyond feel free to “subscribe to blog” in the box below this article
Articles You May Like